We are Beer Day Britain of 122 Marine Parade, Brighton BN2 1DD.
We are the data controller and we are responsible for your personal data referred to in this privacy notice.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice please contact us by email at: jane@BeerDayBritain.co.uk .
If you are not happy with any aspect of how we collect and use your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We should be grateful if you would contact us first if you do have a complaint so that we can try to resolve it for you.
By providing us with your data, you warrant to us that you are over 18 years of age. It is very important that the information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please let us know if at any time your personal information changes by emailing us at jane@BeerDayBritain.co.uk .
We know how important people’s personal data is and therefore make sure that we all treat any personal data we collect as confidential. There are times, though, that we need to share your data with relevant selected third parties and by providing your personal data, you are agreeing to us sharing this.
In order to provide our services and other related business activities, we will need to collect and process information about you such as:
- Identity Data may include your first name, maiden name, last name, username, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data may include your billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data may include your bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data may include details about payments between us and other details of purchases made by you.
- Technical Data may include your login data, internet protocol addresses, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, time zone setting and location, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this site.
- Profile Data may include your username and password, purchases or orders, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data may include information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data may include your preferences in receiving marketing communications from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
By interacting with us on social media platforms by way of “liking”, “following”, commenting, “retweeting” or “sharing”, you understand that you are consenting for our interaction with you.
This website does not store any information that would, on its own, allow us to identify individual users of this service without their permission. Any cookies that may be used by this website are used either solely on a per session basis or to maintain user preferences. Cookies are not shared with any third parties.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org
We measure visitors to our website using Google Analytics. This records what pages you view within our site, how you arrived at our site and some basic information about your computer. All of that information is anonymous – so we don’t know who you are; just that somebody visited our site.
The information we collect from analytics helps us understand what parts of our sites are doing well, how people arrive at our site and so on. Like most websites, we use this information to make our website better.
You can learn more about Google Analytics or opt out if you wish.
If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through our website, we will be up front about this. We will make it clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it.
The information we (and trusted partners acting on our behalf) collect may be used to:
- Make available our goods and services to you;
- Make a tailored website experience available to you;
- Use banner advertising on other websites to present you with products we think may be of interest to you, based on your browsing history;
- Manage any registered account(s) you hold with us;
- Send you newsletters;
- Process your orders;
- Take payment from you or give you a refund;
- Personalise your experience;
- Verifying your identity, helping us ensure that our customers are genuine and to prevent fraud and crime;
- To better understand your needs by conducting market research, either ourselves or with reputable agencies;
- For statistical analysis, helping us understand more about you as a customer, the products and services you consume;
- Find ways to improve our services, stores apps and websites;
- With your agreement, to contact you about products and services from us and other companies;
- Managing customer service interactions, helping answer your questions and solve any issues you have.
- Prevent, detect, and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities and enforce our Terms of Website Use;
- Provide you with other marketing information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you.
We will not sell your name, address, e-mail address, or personal information to any third party without your permission. We will share your information with our carefully selected service providers to enable us to carry out our services, we may also share your information to enable us to comply with any applicable laws or lawful government and/or regulatory requests. Where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute). In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets we may disclose and/or transfer your personal data to the prospective buyer or seller.
Sometimes we may ask for your permission to share your information with business partners, sponsors, advertisers and promoters (for example, if you enter a prize draw, competition or promotion, we may (if we tell you) share your information with any third party involved in that prize draw).
We will retain a record of your personal information. This is done in order to provide you with a high quality and consistent service. We will always retain your personal information in accordance with law and regulation and never retain your information for longer than is necessary.
We make sure that all personal data is well looked after and we always take reasonable steps to ensure that all data is treated securely and in accordance with all relevant laws.
Once we have received your personal data we will use all our powers and security features to try and prevent any unauthorised access but, unfortunately, nobody can guarantee 100% security all of the time. Therefore, we have to say that whilst we will do our utmost best to protect your data, we cannot guarantee the security of any transmitted data to our site and therefore any transmission is at your own risk.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
The information you provide to us will usually be stored and processed on servers based within the United Kingdom but you agree that we may store the data on carefully selected portable devices, in paper files, and to transfer data abroad.
It may be processed by staff operating outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We do our best to ensure that your personal data is kept securely.
We use third parties that may store data outside of the EEA in places such as USA. Companies such as Google (Email and cloud storage), Dropbox (cloud storage), Mailchimp (Email marketing), Kashflow/Receipt bank (Accounts), Siteground/United Hosting (web hosting/domains). There are agreements in place to ensure that all of our third party service providers process personal information using appropriate safeguards that meet the requirements of EU data protection laws.
Our websites use SSL encryption, we use 2 factor authentication as much as possible and store all of our passwords securely on password management solutions such as Dashlane.
You have the right to access the personal information that we hold about you in many circumstances. If we agree that we are obliged to provide personal information to you we will provide it to you or them free of charge. Email your request to our data protection officer jane@BeerDayBritain.co.uk .
Before providing personal information to you we will ask for proof of identity and sufficient information about your interactions with us that we can locate your personal information.
If any of the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or out of date, you may ask us to correct it.
If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us as set out below.
You have the right to object to us processing your personal information if we are not entitled to use it any more and to have your information deleted.
If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us as set out below.
You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time, by:
changing marketing preferences via your account;
making use of the simple “unsubscribe” link in emails or the “STOP” number for texts; and/or
Contacting us via the contact channels set out in this Policy.
This privacy notice was last updated on March 17th 2019.